Monday, February 20, 2012

A new job

Hurra, good news! I found a new job (no, not as a musician or book author -- as a software developer, which is what I prefer to do professionally)!

My new company is located in Aichach, so I must get used to a somewhat longer drive to reach work. It is a small team, but this is nice for me for a change, after having worked in a big enterprise for 10 years.

Now to the photo, this is a droll story. A friend brought to my attention that an American author has published a novel named "Protecting the Cittern" which has a Waldzither on its cover. I had a closer look at the cover and realized: it is not just any Waldzither, it is mine. The author's publisher had taken the photo from Wikipedia without informing me, and as it turned out, in violation of the copyleft license. I contacted him and he apologized, corrected the mistake and sent me a free copy of his book.

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous Sandy said...

Ah you look really happy :) And I see you let yourself grow a beard? Hmm...I like that.
greetings
Sandy

 
At February 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that the author of the book isn't Mr. zu Guttenberg? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home