Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Doorway to Arabian Nights

Today I want to show you the product of another creative project I busied myself with on the last weekend.

My idea was to make the entrance to my bedroom a little more 'special' and appealing. But I couldn't make any permanent changes to the door or the frame itself, as I don't own this flat. One night I had the brilliant idea of adding a board to cover up the top -- like the one you see in the photo -- so that it changes the boring rectangular doorway into a curved, domed one. Simple and effective.

Since I've designed my new bedroom in Arabian Nights style (auf Deutsch heißt das "1001 Nacht"), I took the inspiration and came up with the shape and colours that you see here.

I love doing things like that!

1 Comments:

At March 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!
Das schaut ja toll aus!
Solch gute Ideen kannst du uns ja dann beim neuen Haus auch liefern!
LG Anja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home