Sunday, July 21, 2013

A wider family gathering

I attended the big annual family gathering of a remote branch of our family -- the lineage of my grandfather's cousin Laura Zeitlmann. Laura Zeitlmann née Heydweiller (1886-1966) was, like my grandfather, a grandchild of Konrad Maurer (1823-1902), but via a female branch.

Dr. med. Stephan Zeitlmann invited me. We have been in contact for two years: he is also very interested in genealogy. It was the first time for me to meet some of these other descendants, who include, by the way, many physicians (and one politician). They all welcomed me very friendly to their get-together of over 70 persons, which took place this year in Kirchbichl, a village belonging to Bad Tölz.

(I write this posting in English because it might interest some in Iceland.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home