Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back home

I have one more pic I'd like to show you from my last day in Iceland: This enormous relief map of Iceland is in the Reykjavík City Hall (Ráðhús). I walked around it slowly, admiring the detail and mentally re-tracing my travel route of the 4500 km done in the past three-and-a-half weeks.

What's new at home?
  • Summer sunshine (at least today, Tuesday!)
  • The garden is lush (enough rain in July here).
  • My new mobile phone is malfunctioning. Warranty case, I must send it in. Don't try to call me at the moment, I'm available only on the land line.
  • My improv theatre group takes a summer break.
  • My parents have a new car.
  • My nephew Benjamin has grown and is more agile than ever (I can't wait to see him!)
  • Aunt Wendy has come to visit from England.
Note: I changed the blog's archiving again, from "weekly" to "daily", because in the weekly archives some posts, such as the one on the Morgunblaðið article, had been missing.

3 Comments:

At August 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wois nimma so genau...aber vorsichtshalber sag i amol Herzlichen Glückwunsch ! Gruß Ziggy

 
At August 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Jadi, Encik Martin!

Wünsche Dir auch für das neue Lebensjahr, viele spannende und schöne Reisen, Begegnungen und Erlebnisse! Den Island-Blog zu lesen ist fast wie live dabei zu sein ;-)

Jumpa Lagi, Asma Moni

 
At August 11, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Martin Maurer said...

Danke Ziggy, terima kasih Asma Moni! :)))

*freudestrahl ueber das Lob!*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home