Thursday, August 11, 2011

Celebrations

We had three celebrations in my family right after my return from Iceland. Also I'm back to work, so the past days have been busy!

First, there was my sister Monika's church wedding (the civil wedding ceremony had been last October, if you remember). Followed directly by their child Benjamin's christening. Followed by a big wedding party in Augsburg with more than 80 guests and Mike Herman, a Frank-Sinatra style singer.

The next day (last Saturday) was a summer party with barbecue and campfire at my elder sister's summer garden in Aichach. I used the opportunity to invite some of my best friends to this party to celebrate my birthday.

On Monday I worked again, despite the fact that Augsburg has its very special public holiday "Hohes Friedensfest" on the 8th of August. But I attended the "Peace Lunch" on the Rathausplatz, which was really nice. Everybody brings some food and shares it with their table neighbours, like a great picnic.

1 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoert sich gut an - ist immer was los bei dir .. na dann arbeite mal schoen .. bis zu deinen naechsten Urlaub :) liebe Gruesse, Cori :))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home